Friday, January 23, 2015

Style Academy

I really like Style Academy. :) That sounds a bit funny, because it's an assignment, but I really do.  I think it's interesting and that it could really help my writing.  One of the trickiest bits of writing is varying my sentences.  If they're too short, the paper sounds choppy, but if they're too long, then people get lost. From what I've seen thus far, Style Academy will really help with that issue.

I also think it's cool that they focus just on the sentence aspect of writing.  A lot of what I learned about writing in high school was either structural or grammatical, and I like that Style Academy really picks up where that left off.  It takes skill to create a good sentence and hopefully Style Academy will help me develop that skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment